Charity Yoga Class with Trees
Wed 22 Aug 2018 7pm-8:30pm
Venue: Cannon Hill Park, 2 Russell Road, Moseley, B13 8RD, Birmingham.
Mixed ability. Beginners welcome.
Price: min £7 (all proceeds will be donated to Woodland Trust charity)
Booking and info: Monika Pawlak BWY Dip Teacher
Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/monika_birmingham/
In this Charity Yoga Class we will use trees to support us in postures. This is to signify our connection and dependence on trees and nature.
In Yoga a Tree Pose (Vrksasana) is a fundamental yoga pose used to promote balance, centering and mental clarity. One of the aims of yoga practice is to remain deeply routed like trees and stay balanced and unaffected by "winds and storms of life".
We will meet at the Café inside MAC at 7pm and walk together to the park
- Please avoid eating for 2h before the class
- Please bring socks with you and a blanket and mat if you have one (Don't worry if you don't have a yoga mat as we can practise on the grass in socks. Instead of a blanket you can bring a pullover)
- Wear something comfortable that allows freedom of movement and have layers
- Remember £2 change for the car park. There is an alternative car park by the Nature Centre if Cannon Hill car park is full.
- If you wish you can bring a bottle of water
Class will be taught by Monika Pawlak British Wheel of Yoga Diploma qualified Yoga Teacher. Monika is Ms Earth UK 2018 Finalist which is one of top 3 international beauty pageants. Ms Earth is environmental-themed and promotes environmental awareness.